Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I make a payment?
- Simply follow the instructions in your welcome wallet. To make a payment using one of the payment channels available.
- How do I pay the transaction fee?
- Simply fill in the direct debit your Real Estate agent gives you. This then allows RentMate to debit your bank account the transaction fee each time you pay your rent.
- How and where can I look up my payment history?
- Using your Tenant Reference number on the back of your RentMate Payment Card. With the password your Real Estate agent gave you. Simply go to www.rentmate.com.au . Then click on the “Your Payments” link and enter in your details.
- I lost my card. How do I get a new one?
- Simply inform your Real Estate agent and they can issue you with a new one. Although there may be a cost for this.
- How do I set up a direct debit?
- Pick up a form from your Real Estate agent. Fill it in and post it to RentMate Head Office. No faxes will be accepted.
- Who is RentMate?
- RentMate powered by StrataPay. Who were established in 2001 and operate in 35 different industries with over 14,000 registered billers. Making StrataPay responsible for processing millions of dollars in transactions everyday.
- How do I know that RentMate are a reputable/secure company?
- RentMate is powered by StrataPay Pty Ltd who have many years of experience dealing with payments. Plus, in accordance with the current regulations and requirements of Australia, StrataPay holds an Australian Financial Services Licence (number 247378) as required by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).
- Where does my money go?
- When you make a payment the money is sent to our trust account. Where we match up your Tenant Reference Number to your particular Real Estate agent and send the money onto them.
- What is my password?
- When your Real Estate agent first issues you with your RentMate Payment Card. They will also give you a password. This will also be displayed in your welcome wallet.
- How and where can I pay with a credit card?
- To pay with your Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Diners card. You can choose from the following options:
- Direct Debit
- How do I know if a payment is successful?
- All methods except for posted cheque or direct debit. You will be told immediately and receive a receipt. For cheque and direct debit you can track the payment using your login into the RentMate website (www.rentmate.com.au) or check your bank statement.
- When does the money come out of my credit card/bank account?
- The money will come out immediately.